Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Farewell to old Kentucky



I am the man of constant sorrow
I have seen trouble all my days
I bid farewell to old Kentucky
The place where I was born and raised

For two(six) long years I've been in trouble
No pleasure here on earth I've found
For in this world I'm bound to travel
I have no friends to help me now

For I'm bound to ride that northern railroad
Perhaps I'll die upon this train.

"Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger
My face you'll never see no more
But there is one promise that is given
I'll meet you on God's golden shore"

This is a video from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?", a good movie released some time back. What is it to do with me now? Hmm...
1. I am leaving Kentucky after 2 years of my life in USA
2. I really have to find friends there at my work place.
3. I am really in constant sorrow because I am leaving places and people again and again and also because I always have challenges ahead like my newfangled metier.
4. I really am bound to ride the northern rail road as all the job offers I got are around NorthEast.
5. Few people back in India, now think I am a stranger. :) Enough of it revealed.

And apart from all that, How I came across this song is that...

My favorite professor in Public Health and the one with whom I worked for an year, Dr. Tom Nicholson has lent me his DVD of this movie on the occasion of my saying good bye to Kentucky. Isn't it a cute gesture? :) Enjoy the country music. If you have time, watch the movie.

1 comment:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Constant_Sorrow

    Yeah, This is an awesome song.
    Its actually one of those great American folk songs.
    I was once so fixated by it, that I changed my orkut profile name to Man of Constant Sorrow.

    Bob Dylan also has a great version of it.
    మీరు ఇప్పుడు గుర్తు చేసారు కాబట్టి ఈ పాట ఒక సారి వినాలి తప్పదు :)

    ReplyDelete