Sunday, September 20, 2009

The mettle to muddle through...




Each one of us have so many similarities and differences. Even twins grow up with differences. As you grow up you accumulate a lot of your lessons direct and indirect from your family and friends molding you as a unique being. And then develop likes and dislikes along with expectations and goals. How strong you believe in them is determined by numerous factors but a few major determinants. There will a constant molding of the basic idea of what is ideal. People strong in their basic definitions of what is good and what is wrong and what their goal in life would tend to deviate less at any major drift in life. The aspect of prioritization. Though I got this word later in my life into application, I feel it is the major determinant of how a person acts at different times. A person with a strong character has lesser degree of juggling around of his priorities and has a clear definition what his basic priorities and goals are. However heavy vicissitudes of life are, he makes sure he would satisfy his basic priorities. And hence,

God! Gimme the sinew to assuage the yen for what I am and I want to be.
And not let myself be the one that I am not or don't want to be.
Let me spring, flourish and realize my pursuit.
Let me not stray away in the flux of convention.
Guide me through these circumstances testing my tenacity.
Let me be as innocent as I am of existence of alternatives I can be,
and to start questioning the authenticity of good and bad.
Give me the wonderful synchrony with nature
to push off to the undefined horizons of complacency.

0 comments:

Post a Comment