Thursday, May 15, 2014

Revival



Hello Friends, 

It has been a while since I posted any thing in here. Life has been busy. New places, new jobs, family additions, happy times, stressful times, testing times so on and so forth. So as things settled down, my blog is still here, standing the test of time. I still get about 20-40 page visits per day from all of you good people due to the treasure of keerthanas, information on India and some songs I have collected in my blog, what ever makes you come here. My most active time on blogging after my early personal blogging phase was basically collecting my favorites on the web to display it neatly on my blog. Digital revolution is churning and changing the landscape of followers to the blogs. More and more people are on to sharing posts on Facebook rather a separate so called Blog. Facebook pages are now becoming a combo of macro and micro blogs. Less and less people read the good old blogs. But, after all said and done, here stands my beloved blog. So why shouldn't I revive it?

As the landscape of digital world changed, my life experiences changed too. I am now mature enough to know that digital world is not a replacement of our physical world. It is just a gadget or a window and we can only see the world through the window until our physical world needs attention. Health aspects including emotional, spiritual and social health of spending too much time at the 'window' of the digital world are becoming more obvious. Of course 'too much' is a relative term and so is 'Health'. Thanks to era of smart phones, (I am not sure who the inventor of smart phone is, but he sure is the father of this age) we are making the 'window' to digital world concept evolve into having a microcosm in our pocket. Amazingly enough, now my mom can talk to me in the USA face to face even from our remote native village in India without a need for Wifi even. You can imagine the possibilities in the well connected areas world-over. Okay, may be I am going too much off topic, but I hence understand that smart phone can facilitate my blog to be accessed by even more people through their 'palm top world'.

Coming back to the point again, I would love to post and rejuvenate the blog but without things that are a collection. I remember, back in the day when I was very active, friends who followed my blog closely recommended me to write my personal experiences with each of the collections I posted. I was either too private with my feelings or I was lazy enough not to do that even after persuasion. Now, I will try to post frequently again but try not to expose too much of my ignorance. 

Welcome back to all my friends and followers of the blog 'Satyam Sivam Sundaram'. True, pious and beautiful. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment